Connection error every time try to open a new session

Dear Renku team,

After the maintenance work yesterday. I couldn’t connect to the new sessions anymore. I tried a lot of times but only get this

I am a student from ETH and I need the renku platform to finish my weekly assignment. I really hope you can help me out.

Thanks,
Chenyu

Hi @hupohanyan, I can reproduce the problem you are having and am working to fix it.

In the meantime you can actually access your session if you open it in a separate tab rather than in the same window as the general Renku page.

To open your session in a separate tab just click this button:

This worked for me. Let me know if it works for you as well.

In the meantime we are working on addressing this so that opening the session works in either same tab or a different one.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Hi Tasko

Thanks for providing the alternative solution!
Yes, I can open it in a separate tab. It worked, thanks!
One thing that is a little bit annoying is that I need to adjust all the path to read the file.

Cheers,
Chenyu

Hi @hupohanyan we know about the issue that the session’s opens in a slightly different path. The fix for this is to upgrade the image version you are using. However this is provided by whoever set the course up. I will reach out to them and let them know to update. But for now you should be able to just navigate to the proper folder and run all your code/scripts from that location without changing any paths in your code.

Yes, I can do that. Thanks for reaching them out!