Unable to start the interactive environment: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data"

After update-ing the Renku Version of my R project to 0.16.0 (or maybe after not running the environment for a week or 2, it may be unrelated), I get the following error:

Interactive environment

Unable to start the interactive environment.

An error occurred when trying to start a new Interactive environment. Error message: “JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data”, Stack trace: “”

Any ideas where to look for a solution?

@simonvanhemert do you mind sharing a link to your project? Is this on renkulab.io or on a different deployment?

@simonvanhemert there is no reason to share the link - I found the issue. I will roll out a fix for this shortly and will let you know when it is done. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Super, thanks for the fast reply, I have never been as happy and content with any forum as the Renku forum, keep up the good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

@simonvanhemert the new version of renku that fixes the bug you came across has been deployed. You should be able to launch a session without a problem now. If you still have issues let me know.

And saying “shortly” in my previous message earlier today was way too optimistic. But I did not want to rush too much and introduce new bugs by trying to fix this one.

Thanks for the help, shortly is all relative, but in my opinion you were very quick.

I still have problems launching, but from a different source, so I ll make a new post, I guess that’s better.

1 Like