Problem creating Dataset in Frontend

Hi all,

Today I tried to create a dataset through the UI. The interface looks fantastic, and I love all the options to add keywords, the description, etc. I uploaded a 10GB file, with a folder structure to be replicated in the data folder. It seemed to upload correctly but, when I clicked on Create Dataset, I get the following message. Any ideas?

Thank you so much in advance!
Cheers
Luis

Hi @lusamino, I was not able to replicate this exact error with a 1gb archive but I did get a different error. This error made it sound like the dataset was not created even though it was. I submitted a bug report for that: Adding a dataset through the UI works but it reports an error · Issue #1249 · SwissDataScienceCenter/renku-ui · GitHub

I am now testing with a ~9gb archive to see if I will get an error that is similar to yours.

If you attempt this again or if you still have the page open can you post what you see in your browser console? And also are you doing this on renkulab.io or on some other deployment?

As an alternative I also suggest that you use git-lfs to commit and add the data files to your repository and then use the renku cli to make the dataset.

You can find information on the renku-cli command for making datasets here: Renku Command Line — Renku 0.13.1.dev21 documentation

Ok so with a larger file I do get the same error:

Here is what my console looks like:

/api/projects/testsubgroup2%2Ftestnestedgroups?statistics=true:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
Project.state.js:444 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'all' of undefined
    at e.value (Project.state.js:444)
    at Project.js:213
/api/projects/testsubgroup2%2Ftestnestedgroups?statistics=true:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
Project.state.js:444 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'all' of undefined
    at e.value (Project.state.js:444)
    at Project.js:213
/api/projects/857/graph/webhooks/validation:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
trycatch.ts:281 POST https://renkulab.io/api/renku/cache.files_upload?override_existing=true&unpack_archive=true net::ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED
(anonymous) @ trycatch.ts:281
(anonymous) @ instrument.ts:309
a.uploadFile @ dataset.js:45
te @ FileUploaderInput.js:259
ce @ FileUploaderInput.js:361
onClick @ FileUploaderInput.js:407
m @ react-dom.production.min.js:15
E @ react-dom.production.min.js:15
(anonymous) @ react-dom.production.min.js:16
T @ react-dom.production.min.js:16
A @ react-dom.production.min.js:17
C @ react-dom.production.min.js:17
N @ react-dom.production.min.js:17
Sn @ react-dom.production.min.js:81
ce @ react-dom.production.min.js:283
An @ react-dom.production.min.js:83
Rn @ react-dom.production.min.js:84
Nn @ react-dom.production.min.js:84
t.unstable_runWithPriority @ scheduler.production.min.js:18
Gi @ react-dom.production.min.js:120
se @ react-dom.production.min.js:283
Cn @ react-dom.production.min.js:82
o @ helpers.ts:87

I think something times out because the file is really big and takes a while to upload.

Hi @tolevski !! Thanks for your support, and for replicating this error! Well, I was trying again, but I guess you already find it out :wink: And well, I am quite used to do it through the CLI, I just wanted to try with the UI. There, everything worked so beautifully!

Thanks again!
Cheers
Luis