This is a minor release that includes some small features and nice improvements mostly around datasets manipulation.
Datasets can be imported from data repositories through the UI
Datasets allow uploading file hierarchies in zip format
CLI: Datasets metadata is editable. Please see the Dataset documentation for details.
CLI: enable importing renku datasets
CLI: Enable working with data external to the repository #974
A file upload can be cancelled when creating a dataset
Environments tab displays information about the resources requested
Environments tab provides an easy access to the branch/commit file listing
Improvements to the handling of markdown content
CLI: starting this version a new migration mechanism is in place, renku commands will insist on migrating metadata if its outdated.
- Various improvements on markdown display for collaboration
- Make help channels more visible
- CLI: wildcard support when adding data from git
- Docker images and project templates use Renku 0.10.2
- A new minimal Renku project template is available on project creation! Use this template if you’re using a language other than R or python, or if you’re renku-izing an existing python project.
- Newer renkulab docker images also provide interactive environments with a nicer shell (powerline).
For changes to individual components, check:
- renku ui 0.9.1 and [0.9.0](https://github.com/SwissDataScienceCenter/renku-ui/releases/tag/0.9.0
- renku-python 0.10.2
- renku-notebooks 0.7.1
- renku-graph 0.55.4 to 0.49.0
- Datasets now show file listing with folder hierarchy
- Search uses clearer labelling
- Various fixes to dataset command line bugs
- Lineage: allow blanks in commit author
- Lineage: fixes for the endpoint reporting events processing status (the UI progress bar)
- Lineage: multiple fixes in the triples generation process
Upgrading from 0.6.1
- No new values required in the values file
- The version in the welcome page can be updated at