Problems with maximum disk space

Hi all,

I have running an environment for a few days, generating model. Despite I have been saving only (in LFS) the outputs I really needed to save, it seems I have top up the maximum disk space requested (64GB). Now, I am getting the following error:

work ❯ democrasci-machine-tr ▶ $ ▶ git status
Error cleaning LFS object: write /work/democrasci-machine-tr/.git/lfs/tmp/201179852: no space left on device
error: packet write failed
error: external filter 'git-lfs filter-process --skip' failed
fatal: models/checkpoints/transformer_wmt_en_de_fr-de_all_sept2021/checkpoint_best.pt: clean filter 'lfs' failed

This does not allow me to do anything: git add, etc. Still, if I check the current disk occupation, I am not exceeding that maximum.

work ❯ democrasci-machine-tr ▶ $ ▶ du -h -d 1
80K     ./notebooks
44G     ./.git
13G     ./data
2.6G    ./models
8.0K    ./.ipynb_checkpoints
48K     ./src
20K     ./.renku
59G     .

I am trying to remove all files and change them back to the LFS placeholders with
git read-tree HEAD && GIT_LFS_SKIP_SMUDGE=1 git checkout -f HEAD && rm -rf .git/lfs/*
but it is not working either.

What could I do?

Thanks again for all your support!
Cheers
Luis

Maybe renku storage clean could help? That will turn checked out LFS files back into pointers and clear them out of the cache.

1 Like

Wow, it helped!! I had completely forgotten about this mighty command! I just specified a path for renku storage clean with files I had already pushed, and that it is, I have again enough space! Thanks @rrrrrok

1 Like