Problem with creation of Docker image

hi all! Again, I am having problems with the creation of the Docker image. Normally, the log in Jobs provides some clues, and I can try out some solutions. However, this time it does not really say anything….

Running with gitlab-runner 13.3.1 (738bbe5a)
   on limited-runner -anGETBF
Preparing the "docker" executor
 Using Docker executor with image docker:stable ...
 Pulling docker image docker:stable ...
 Using docker image sha256:6972c414f322dfa40324df3c503d4b217ccdec6d576e408ed10437f508f4181b for docker:stable ...
Preparing environment
 Running on runner--angetbf-project-178-concurrent-0 via 9bd31bdb8c1c...
Getting source from Git repository
 Fetching changes with git depth set to 50...
 Initialized empty Git repository in /builds/gitlab/sluis/democrasci_srl_di/.git/
 Created fresh repository.
 error: RPC failed; HTTP 504 curl 22 The requested URL returned error: 504
 fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly
 ERROR: Job failed: exit code 1

Still, I do believe it might be related with LFS files, etc. But we have super careful this time to add everything to it. Still, I have some questions:

• How could I check which files are on LFS?
  • Does the error give you any clue?
  • It seems it is possible still open the environment from a failed commit. It this a new feature?

Thank you so much for your help!

Hey Luis,

you can use ssh to clone locally and use git lfs migrate info to check if there are large files that aren’t in LFS yet

Ohhh, great idea! I will try asap.

Thanks Ralf!

Well, at the end we could resolve this, but honestly, we were not expecting this to be solved that easily. We simply clean the .gitattributes file for LFS files that do not exist anymore. After that, the image started to be correctly created again.

I was going to try the git lfs migrate, but for that I needed to clone the repo locally, and for some reason, it was not being possible.

Thank for all the support!
Cheers
Luis

Thanks for letting us know what the issue was and I’m glad you could solve it!

Do you think this is something that can easily happen to others and that we should handle more gracefully? Or that there’s something we could add that would have helped you with debugging the issue?

Cheers,

Ralf